[Coral-List] Job Announcement with CORAL
sflumerfelt at coral.org
Wed Jan 21 19:20:23 EST 2004
Job Announcement with the Coral Reef Alliance (CORAL)
The program manager is responsible for developing and
carrying out CORAL¹s role in a three-year Sustainable
Tourism project in the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef System,
coordinated by the International Coral Reef Action Network
(ICRAN), and funded by the United Nations Environment
Program (UNEP) and USAID. The candidate will work closely
with CORAL¹s partners to develop sustainable tourism practices
in coral reef parks and to support the creation of new,
sustainable coral reef parks in the MBRS. The manager¹s
primary responsibilities will be in project management and
curriculum development, training of dive operators and park
staff, technical assistance coordination, and integrating
training and technical assistance into other program elements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Curriculum development, training and technical support:
- Create conservation, outreach and educational materials for
The support of new and existing coral reef parks, marine
protected areas, and sustainable tourism practices in the private
- Develop training materials for coral reef park managers and
- Provide technical assistance and trainings to MPA managers,
private sector partners and other stakeholders, in English
- Ensure adequate follow up and support to parks and regions
where CORAL has provided assistance.
- Help coordinate a communications network for marine park managers
in order to improve the exchange of information, expertise and
* Project Management and Coordination:
- Program planning.
- Budget development.
- Project evaluation.
- Grant reporting.
- 5+ years experience marine conservation and conservation
- Strong Spanish and English written and oral communication
- Proven training and teaching experience.
- Desire and ability to travel internationally 25-50% time.
- Strong project management skills and proven teamwork ability.
- Familiarity with grant reporting to foundations and government
- Experience in working cooperatively with divers, the dive-tourism
industry, park managers and government officials.
- Graduate degree in related field preferred.
- Committment to CORAL¹s mission.
- Scuba diving and/or snorkeling experience.
Reports to the Program Director.
The position will be based out of CORAL's San Francisco office.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Please e-mail resume, cover letter and names of three references to
jobs at coral.org.
For more information about the Coral Reef Alliance,
please visit our website http://www.coral.org/.
More information about the Coral-List