[Coral-List] Conch as artificial reef

Todd Barber reefball at reefball.com
Sat Jan 24 23:31:29 EST 2004

We have used conch shells successfully inside of Reef Balls for increased
complexity....however, conch shells in piles can be problematic in areas
where hurricanes are present as they can become "missles" destroying natural
reefs as they move around.  Therefore, we recommend only using them inside
of Reef Balls or other containment systems so they are stable.

-Todd Barber
Reef Ball Foundation