[Coral-List] Coral Threats Survey

Mark Eakin Mark.Eakin at noaa.gov
Fri Jul 9 14:51:20 EDT 2004

To all of you that already complete the survey: Thank You.
To the rest of you that registered for the 10th ICRS: you have a second
chance.

The results of the survey so far are very interesting and we plan to
make them available for all users.  First, though, we want more
That means around 1300 of you have not yet completed the survey.

If you have not yet completed the survey, please do so.  We will keep
the survey open until 1 August for your responses.

The original e-mail promoting the survey follows.

Thanks,
Mark Eakin
Co-Chair of the Coral Reefs and Global Change Series.

----------------------

Dear Coral Listers:

In concert with the "Coral Reefs and Global Changes" series of
mini-symposia at the 10th ICRS meeting in Okinawa, we have
put together a survey of "Coral Reef Threats" which is designed
to obtain your opinions about the most serious threats facing
coral reefs.

We are interested in obtaining a broad view of what coral reef
researchers, (as well as managers, policy makers, and others
familiar with reefs), think are the major threats to coral reefs
at both regional and global scales.

           *** PLEASE PARTICIPATE IN THIS SURVEY ***
* It should take about 5-10 minutes to complete.

* The survey can be accessed via the ICRS website at:
   http://www.plando.co.jp/icrs2004/ (under "News and Update")
   ... or directly at:
   http://www.esig.ucar.edu/ICRS/icrs_survey.html

* The official survey requires an ICRS registration number.
   However, if you are not attending the meeting, you may also
   submit the survey by typing "member" in the box requiring a
   registration number.

* The results of the survey will be presented at the ICRS
   meeting in Okinawa, during the Forum on Global Change and
   Coral Reefs.  Responses received by ***June 21*** will be
   included in the analysis presented at the meeting.

All the best,
Joanie Kleypas, on behalf of the chairs of the Coral Reefs and
Global Change sessions

J. Kleypas
Environmental and Societal Impacts Group
PO Box 3000
Boulder, CO  80307-3000
PH:  303.497.8111
FAX: 303.497.8125
kleypas at ucar.edu
www.esig.ucar.edu

C. Mark Eakin, Ph.D.
Director of the World Data Center for Paleoclimatology

NOAA/National Climatic Data Center
325 Broadway E/CC23
Boulder, CO 80305-3328
Voice: 303-497-6172                  Fax: 303-497-6513
Internet: mark.eakin at noaa.gov
http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/paleo/