[Coral-List] Position Announcement - Resident Site Manager

Dave Wilson dwilson at fieldstudies.org
Mon Jun 14 08:55:44 EDT 2004

Resident Site Manager

The School for Field Studies is seeking to fill the position of
'Resident Site Manager' at our Center for Marine Resource Studies, South
Caicos, Turks and Caicos Islands, British West Indies.

Job Summary:

The School for Field Studies (SFS) seeks an experienced Site Manager
with hands-on facility maintenance experience, strong organizational
skills and bookkeeping experience. We are looking for someone to join
our team who can ensure the smooth management of our facilities
(including buildings, grounds & vehicles), includes regular maintenance
and repairs, as well as administrative duties such as purchasing and
bookkeeping.

Minimum Qualifications:

*	BA/BS or equivalent combination of relevant work experience
*	Bookkeeping skills with familiarity with QuickBooks or Quicken
Software
*	Experience working with project or operations budgets
*	Maintenance and Construction experience including but not
limited to painting, rust proofing, minor electrical and plumbing repair
and maintenance, and grounds keeping
*	Experience working with building trade contractors and
government agencies
*	Ability to maintain and repair vehicle and preferably boat
(outboard) engines
*	Supply ordering and inventory tracking experience
*	Strong organizational and problem solving skills
*	Computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Access)
and Windows
*	Experience managing projects through proposal, quote,
contracting, and delivery stages
*	Ability to drive manual transmission vehicles

Start Date: August 1st, 2004

For a complete job description please visit our website:
http://www.fieldstudies.org/pages/1864_site_manager.cfm

David T. Wilson Ph.D.

Center Director

SFS - Center for Marine Resource Studies

South Caicos, Turks and Caicos Islands,

British West Indies.

Ph: (649) 946-3666

Fax: (649) 946-3246