[Coral-List] Coral spawning data

Jamie Oliver j.oliver at cgiar.org
Thu Mar 4 19:45:51 EST 2004

Dear Margot, and coral-listers

ReefBase (www.reefbase.org) has created a database of coral spawning
observations similar to the database of bleaching observations that we have.
The spawning database includes all records that have been posted on
coral-list as well as some of the records from the literature. I will send
you a copy of the database by separate email. The spawning records can be
viewed  on ReefBase by going to the online GIS from the top menu, then
selecting the "coral spawning" check box on the left of the map display and
then refreshing the map.  The details for each record can be viewed by
selecting the "i" tool and clicking on any of the dots on the map.

If you find any additional coral spawning records please send them to me so
I can make them available to everyone through ReefBase

Best regards

Jamie
Jamie Oliver
Senior Scientist (Coral Reef Projects)
The WorldFish Center
PO Box 500, GPO, 10670 Penang Malaysia
Street address: Jalan Batu Maung, 11960 Bayan Lepas, Penang, Malaysia
Ph: 60 4 626 1606
Fax: 60 4 626 5530
email: J.Oliver at cgiar.org
Visit the ReefBase website at www.reefbase.org
ReefBase is an ICRAN project, and is supported by the United Nations
Foundation, UNEP and the World Bank