[Coral-List] Methods for nubbinising tabular corals?

shashank Keshavmurthy iamshanky15 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 12 23:06:24 EST 2004

Greetings!!!
I do have some questions about using superglue....(I prefer using epoxy putty or clay cementing substances)....

How safe are these superglues?....

Most of the superglues I have come across have been labelled as harmful/toxic to skin.  When using superglue has your student seen any reaction in corals ? if not the whole fragment...at least near the area of superglue application......

The lab in which I work, has a previous aquarium manager as caretaker and he recomended me to use epoxy putty or clay as they are more safer and are better cementing substances.

Thanks for the information.
Regards

Shashank

"the role of infinitely small in nature is infinitely large"-Louis Pasteur

Keshavmurthy Shashank
Kochi University, Faculty of Agriculture
Lab. of AQUa. Environ. Sci. (LAQUES)
Otsu 200, Monobe, Nankoku-shi
783-8502, Kochi, Japan
alt. id: shashank at cc.kochi-u.ac.jp