[Coral-List] Wanted: Halimeda Images

Oliver Gussmann gusol423 at student.otago.ac.nz
Thu Mar 18 20:27:49 EST 2004

Apologies for my 'algal enquiry':

Dear Listers,

As part of my dissertation on Halimeda, and an article in prep. on
Halimeda, I am looking for images of Halimeda in 'unusual'
environments (e.g., muddy environments, black sand, mangrove
roots/ponds, artificial substrates, giant clams, etc), and also
documenting its role(s) in various environments other than the usual
sediments (e.g., sheltering organisms, fish spawning etc.), or of
unusual size/proliferation.

Do you have images of Halimeda that you would be willing to share
(with proper acknowledgements!)?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Oliver

PS: What about calcareous algae and CO2?

Oliver A. Gussmann, PhD Student
Department of Marine Science
University of Otago
P.O. Box 56, Dunedin, New Zealand