[Coral-List] Coral communities

Christian Alter calter at ix.urz.uni-heidelberg.de
Fri Mar 19 09:00:32 EST 2004

Dear Coral-Listers,

I'm actually doing my master thesis on coral communities and identified
approx. 140 species (Veron 2000; Wallace 1999) in the past 6 month in
the Gulf of Aqaba.
In the beginning I tried to identify all stony corals I encountered. For
this I've took some thousands of pictures (digital) and ordered them by
visible characters to either separate them or get a feeling for the
variation of one species.

If somebody is interested in a collaboration or exchange in any way, I
would be very pleased.

Cheers

Christian

Christian Alter, Msc student
Department of Zoology, University of Heidelberg.
Dahab Association for Environmental Development.
Tel.: 0049/6221/451379
Email: calter at ix.urz.uni-heidelberg.de