[Coral-List] Measuring growth

Cades83898 at cs.com Cades83898 at cs.com
Sat Mar 27 11:24:01 EST 2004

 Hello,
    I am doing research on accelerated coral growth for aquaculture at the
University of Maine. I'm looking for some accurate but simple methods to measure
the growth of Acropora and Stylophora nubbins. I am considering mounting them
on tiles and measuring vertical growth with digital calipers. We don't have a
scale we can alter for the buoyant weight technique. This is for a master's
thesis so, it has to be a fairly sound method. Growth period is expected to
last for 2 months so, I expect there to be fairly significant growth.
Thanks,
Craig Zievis
Cades83898 at cs.com