[Coral-List] Nudibranch infestation of Pavona cactus

MJ Adams divepng at yahoo.com
Tue May 4 12:36:39 EDT 2004

     Sadly the seaslugforum is no longer active and the search engine
doesn't works.  However, I was able to find some information on
nudibranchs that prey on coral by searching under "general topics."
There are four pages about opisthobranchs that feed on corals:
http://seaslug.info/corafeed.htm
http://seaslug.info/corafeed3.htm
http://seaslug.info/corafeed2.htm
http://seaslug.info/corafeed4.htm
     These will lead you images of nudibranchs that prey on Porites and
Tubastria spp.   I talked to Angel Valdes, the nudibranch curator at
the Los Angeles Museum of Natural History, where I am a research
associate.  He is not aware of any nudibranch that preys on Pavona
cactus.  Angel offered to ID (or describe if new) this nudibranch if
you send him specimens.

Regards,
Mary Jane Adams
Research Associate