[Coral-List] Coral-List Posting Rules

Jim Hendee Jim.Hendee at noaa.gov
Thu May 20 18:37:29 EDT 2004

   Dear Coral-Listers,
        Every  day  many messages come through coral-list and are stacked
   for  my  (or  Louis  Florit's)  review before posting on.  Many of the
   messages  are  spam, some come are from those who are not subscribers,
   and  some are messages that should not be allowed because of the rules
   of   posting   to   coral-list.    The   mailman  software  shows  the
   administrator the name of the person posting a message and the subject
   heading  of  the  message, and whether or not they are subscribed.  To
   read the content of the message, the administrator can click on a link
   to see more of the message before approving it (or not) for passing on
   to the list, which is what we do nearly every single time.  Sometimes,
   however, I recognize a name and pass the message on without reading it
   because  the  subscriber  has been with the list for a long time.  So,
   occasionally an improper message may get through.
        I will now direct you once again to the rules of posting messages
   to coral-list:
       Please read them again.

       Thank you for your cooperation.
       Sincerely yours,
       Jim Hendee
  James C. Hendee, Ph.D.
  Coral Health and Monitoring Program
  Ocean Chemistry Division
  Atlantic Oceanographic and Meteorological Laboratory
  U.S. Department of Commerce
  4301 Rickenbacker Causeway
  Miami, FL  33149-1026

  Voice:  (305) 361-4396