[Coral-List] about zooxanthellae

shashank Keshavmurthy iamshanky15 at yahoo.com
Sat May 22 11:46:08 EDT 2004

Dear Listers.....Greetings..
It is nice to write to you all again after a long
break.  This may be a stupid question but I am
seeing it for the 1st time. When I was counting
the Zooxanthellae density in Acropora hyacinthus,
I could see some zooxanthellae with a tail like
structure, rather they look like a horn. Does
anyone know what it can be, or is it that I have
started seeeing things!!!  I was able to take
some 20X photographs of these zooxnathellae (if
anyone wants to see it, I can send it).
It is just my interest to know about it. Its nice
to see zooxnathellae with horns, after all these
days seeing them as plain rounded structures!

regards
shashank

=====
"the role of infinitely small in nature is infinitely large"-Louis Pasteur

Keshavmurthy Shashank
Kochi University, Faculty of Agriculture
Lab. of AQUa. Environ. Sci. (LAQUES)
Otsu 200, Monobe, Nankoku-shi
783-8502, Kochi, Japan
alt. id: shashank at cc.kochi-u.ac.jp