[Coral-List] Coral habitat complexity and fractal analysis

underwater Hedgehog hgoudge at yahoo.co.uk
Tue May 25 17:30:34 EDT 2004

Hi coral listers,
I am looking at habitat complexity of corals, and
coral reefs in relation to associated fish such as the
Damsel family. It has been suggested to me to use
fractal analysis to quantify habitat complexity.
Has anyone looked at this with any success or
failures? I would be interested in info on this
subject.
Or does anyone have any other good methods?

Thanks
Harry Goudge
School of Ocean Sciences
University of Wales Bangor