[Coral-List] Nitrate levels

gemma franklin gemcoralresearch at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Oct 11 16:32:28 EDT 2004

Hi. I'm currently volunteering in Cozumel, Mexico, working for the National Marine Park and one of the researchers wondered if someone could help with information about Nitrates and their effects on coral.

Does anyone know what levels are critical for coral to survive and what the effects are if Nitrate evels are too high? Or have any papers they could direct me to for information?

Thanks in advance for any information you may have on this. I would be very grateful.

Gemma Franklin