[Coral-List] Vulnerability and reserve selection

MOHAMMAD REZA SHOKRI BOUSJEIN mohammad.shokri at studentmail.newcastle.edu.au
Sat Apr 30 01:30:45 EDT 2005

   Dear coral listers,

   I  am  trying  to  integrate  vulnerability  into  marine conservation
   planning, especially the selection of marine reserves. Has anyone come
   across  any information regarding calculation of a vulnerability index
   for coastal habitats?

   I wonder whether different quantitative and qualitative factors can be
   incorporated to derive a vulnerability index for a habitat.

   Any information would be of great help.

   Many thanks

   Mohammad
   Mohammad Reza Shokri
   PhD candidate
   Centre for Sustainable Use of Coasts and Catchments
   School of Applied Sciences
   University of Newcastle
   PO Box 127, Ourimbah NSW 2258, Australia
   Tel: +61 2 4348 4328
   Fax: +61 2 4348 4145
   Mobile: 0407 2350 63
   Email:<Mohammad.Shokri at studentmail.newcastle.edu.au>