[Coral-List] coral research assistant available

awats at conncoll.edu awats at conncoll.edu
Tue Aug 9 14:59:50 EDT 2005

To Whom it May Concern:
       I am the 2005 recipient of the Our World-Underwater Scholarship.
For those of you who may not be familiar with it, it is organized
by a non-profit society that gives an individual funding to travel
and work with scientists, grad students, photographers, and anyone
associated with the underwater world.  I am writing to offer my
services as a free assistant for a short period of time in hopes to
experience interesting and educational opportunities.  I have a
degree from Connecticut College in biology and some of my past
research has involved juvenile coral growth and mortality rates of
Agaricia spp. and Porites astreoides in the Turks and Caicos
Islands.  I am more than willing to help in anyway possible.  The
research experience does not have to involve scuba diving (a main
focus of the scholarship) but it would be preferred. Past scholars
have worked in labs, on research vessels, or the intertidal zone.
If you are interested to learn more about the scholarship, please
visit the website at www.owuscholarship.org and please contact me
at anyawatson at hotmail.com.  Thank you,
Anya Watson
27 Sturbridge Rd.