[Coral-List] reef monitoring job

giorgina obrist giorginaobrist at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 31 20:13:33 EDT 2005

31th August 05

Good morning everybody,

I am writing to you to express my keen interest in being involved in reef
monitoring and management. I am looking for a paid position in this field.
Please let me take this opportunity to briefly explain how I could
contribute to such a project, and to tell you a little about my studies and
myself.

In January I finished my Masters of Science in Zoology, in Zürich, here in
Switzerland. This work was carried out in Uli Reyer's lab at the University
of Zürich and in the field in Mexico (La Paz) and Belize (Glovers Atoll).
I investigated in the evolution of colour patterns in reef fishes under
different light environments. Through my thesis work, supervised by Gil
Rosenthal of the Boston University Marine Program, I gained significant
fieldwork experience. My field research included underwater videography and
behavioural observation work. Within my masters studies areas of interest
were, and continue to be ecology, behaviour and conservation.
Whilst I am experienced with working independently I have worked in teams
many times and enjoy very much contributing as a team member. Furthermore, I
have 10 years SCUBA experience, having dived worldwide for 10 years (Padi DM
Qualified). I think this combined with my aforementioned skills and
experience could be of benefit to your project.

Needless to say, I am very keen to be involved in a coral/reef monitoring
project. I am available immediately.
Thank you in advance for your consideration and let me know if you have some
work coming up.
In case you need more information I am more than pleased to send you my CV.

Yours sincerely
Giorgina Obrist

giorginaobrist at hotmail.com or giorginaobrist at access.unizh.ch