[Coral-List] Some Recent Coral Photos

Melissa Keyes mekvinga at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 8 10:42:55 EST 2005

Dear Listers,

  I have posted some recent photos, all taken since November first, this year, with one exception.

  http://mekvinga.tripod.com/november_december_05/index.album?i=0

  Some are samples of colors of recovering corals, and colors of seemingly still stressed corals. Some of the M. cavernosa are difficult to photograph, they are so strange looking.  I've gone back to the same individuals three times to get just the same odd looking photo, as the coral is odd looking, with very many colors all mixed on one individual.

  On the second page is a deep (30 meter) plate-type coral that I photographed with a little Sea and Sea film camera in 1999.  I identified this coral by the center rings that have patterns that do not change over time.

   I will continue to photograph these individuals.

  Cheers,

  Melissa Keyes

  Independant Monitoring Project

  St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands