[Coral-List] Coral Marine Scientist/Policy Analyst Position
jill.meyer at noaa.gov
Fri Dec 23 17:40:58 EST 2005
*Coral Marine Scientist/Policy Analyst*
/Intro and Description:/ This position is a contract position with IM
Systems Group (www.imsg.com) in Silver Spring, MD. The position will
support Office of Oceanic and Atmospheric Research (OAR) participation
in NOAA’s Coral Reef Conservation Program (CRCP)
(http://www.coralreef.noaa.gov/). The Marine Scientist/Policy Analyst
will engage in evaluating and promoting scientific merit of coral reef
research proposals and assisting with program development and funding.
Tasks include tracking budgets, responding to public and other NOAA
requests for information, critically reviewing documents for scientific
merit, quality, and balance, coordinating with other members of the NOAA
CRCP, contributing to outreach activities, and other projects that may
arise. Travel may be required.
/Salary/: The approximate salary for the position is mid-$50 K depending
/Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:/
* Masters degree in marine science or related field and;
* Three -5 years experience in coral reef ecosystem research.
* Experience in coral reef ecosystem research
* Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years experience in coral reef
* Strong writing skills (IMSG will request writing samples from
* Strong oral communication and personal interaction skills
* Ability to multi-task and be innovative
* Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite (WORD, Excel, Powerpoint.)
Please submit your resume and cover letter and salary requirement to
jobs at imsg.com <mailto:jobs at imsg.com> and meyerj at imsg.com
<mailto:meyerj at imsg.com> with the message header: Coral Marine Scientist.
More information about the Coral-List