[Coral-List] Acropora hybrid

Keven Reed reedkc at comcast.net
Mon Dec 26 11:17:10 EST 2005

Megan,
    There could be a few explanations for the growth morphology you observed, but just wanted to make sure you were aware of the paper in Science by Vollmer & Palumbi 14 June 2002 that proved via DNA analysis Caribbean Acropora prolifera is an F1 hybrid (first generation cross-breed) between A. cervicornis & A. palmata.
Happy New Year 2006,
Keven Reed
Orange Park, FL

office:  904-542-3500 ext 8700