[Coral-List] introductory book on coral reefs?

jmcmanus jmcmanus at rsmas.miami.edu
Wed Dec 28 13:07:19 EST 2005

Hi Mike,

The best introductory book I've seen so far, other than some excellent ones
with regional foci, is Mark Spalding et al. "World Atlas of Coral Reefs".
I'm about to teach a new undergraduate course on "Coral Reef Science and
Management", and the required texts will by that plus Paul Human's excellent
ID series (and a lot of supplemental readings).

Cheers!

John

John W. McManus, PhD
Professor, Marine Biology and Fisheries
Coral Reef Ecology and Management Laboratory (CREM Lab)
Director, National Center for Coral Reef Research (NCORE)
Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospherice Science
University of Miami, 33149
Office: 305-421-4814/4820, Fax: 305-421-4910, Website: www.ncoremiami.org

If I cannot build it, I do not understand it. -- Richard Feynman, Nobel
Laureate