[Coral-List] Re: Acropora transport and thermal shock

Dirk Petersen d.petersen at rotterdamzoo.nl
Wed Feb 9 01:47:29 EST 2005

>Bronikowski EJ (1982) The collection, transportation, and maintenance
of
>living corals. AAZPA Annual Proceedings: 65-70 (old but still true and

>still not widely used)

Delbeek, J.C. and J. Sprung. 1994. The Reef Aquarium. volume one.
Ricordea
Publishing, Coconut Grove, FL.

Just to complete the reference list of Charles:

Petersen D, Laterveer M, Van Bergen D, Kuenen M. 2004. Transportation
techniques for massive scleractinian corals. Zoo Biol 23: 165-176.

Our paper gives a detailed review on known transportation techniques
(wet/dry; fragments/colonies) and further adds a new technique developed
to transport large and heavy colonies.

Cheers
Dirk

Dirk Petersen
Marine Biologist, SECORE Project Co-ordinator
*****
Rotterdam Zoo
P.O. Box 532
3000 AM Rotterdam, The Netherlands