[Coral-List] Coral Spawning Times for Central Sulawesi, on the Equator

Abigail Thompson aby05 at plasa.com
Tue Feb 15 00:11:44 EST 2005

Dear Coral-List Members

We have been trying to work out when we might expect coral
spawning at sites in our area, which is Central Sulawesi,
Indonesia.

The Equator runs right through our area, with some sites
either side.  So going by references for Northern or
Southern hemisphere spawning times at latitudes far from
the equator is likely to be inappropriate.

If anyone has any data or information our team would be
most grateful, as we are planning larval capture as part
of a restoration trial, and  to have some idea of the
likely spawning season(s) would be a great help.
Best regards

Abigail & Samliok

Abigail Moore MSc.
Yayasan Palu Hijau (YPH)
Samliok Ndobe M.Si.
Sekolah Tinggi Perikanan dan Kelautan (STPL Palu)