[Coral-List] Bartholomea annulata (corkscrew anemone) and Acetabularia sp.

Eva-Maria Zetsche evamariaz at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 22 16:03:06 EST 2005

Dear coral listers,

I have recently come upon a (to me) unique lagoonal
community of predominantly Bartholomea annulata
(corkscrew anemone) (up to 40/m2) that also includes
abundant Acetabularia as well as some other algal
species such as Dictyosphaeria ocellata and what I
believe is Batophora oerstedii in Belize. I am now
wondering if anyone has come upon such a similar
community in the Caribbean or elsewhere before. The
area where they are found is of shallow depth (<25cm)
and has a salinity of approx. 37-39.

I know that this is more a question for the algal list
server, yet I have lost this link and would thus also
be grateful if somebody could post it for me on this
list or provide me with the necessary link to join
and/or post this.

I would be very grateful for any information or
references that anybody could provide me with. I have
done an extensive search on the web (don't have much
else down here) and haven't come up with very much.

Thank you again,
Eva-Maria