[Coral-List] Snorkeler impact

Corinne Russo corinne.russo at arvam.com
Thu Jan 6 02:39:39 EST 2005

Dear coral-lister,

First, I wish you an happy new year.

I try to fit methods for an environmental study in the Reunion island lagoon
(Indian Ocean). I¹m looking for any documents or experiences on effect of
recreational snorkeling on coral and fish communities in a coral reef
protected area. The place is shallow (depth less than 1,5m) and organised
with buoys to propose a discovering snokeling way.
Any comparison or studies, will interest me (coral damage, carrying
capacity, surveys, ...)
Thanks
Best regards
Corinne Russo
--
Corinne Russo
Attention nouvelle adresse E-mail : corinne.russo at arvam.com

ARVAM (Agence pour la Recherche et la Valorisation Marines)
14, Rue du Stade de l'Est, 97490 Sainte Clotilde, La Réunion, France
Tel : 02 62 28 39 08 (int. : (262) 2 62 28 39 08)
Fax: 02 62 28 08 81 (int. : (262) 2 62 28 08 81)
Email: arvam at wanadoo.fr / URL: http://www.arvam.com