[Coral-List] Surveys for tsunami damage

Veerachai Tanpipat chai at gistda.or.th
Sat Jan 8 20:04:29 EST 2005

All,

Yes, checking individual site would give a false sense.  We have 6 teams
who are doing extensive survey thru out 6 provinces, but this of course
takes time, so important dive sites will be evaluate and report first
since the tourist industry is very important for those 6 provinces.

So far the Tsnami destroyed some sites where the depth are less than 5
meters.  The good sign is that many people I know told me (after they went
diving) that in the depth of more than 5 meters, there is less damage or
not damage at all.

I will go down with the survey team late next week.  I am sure I will have
more to let you know.

Cheers,
Chai