[Coral-List] position available on The Amadis Project- South Pacific

Lily Kozmian-Ledward amadis_38 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jul 25 08:47:18 EDT 2005

POSITION AVAILABE ON THE AMADIS PROJECT- A  VOYAGE OF
CORAL CONSERVATION AND EDUCATION. The project is
conducted from a 12 m sailing yacht “Amadis”, from
which we undertake REEF CHECK SURVEYS and marine
conservation awareness work. Using a yacht as a
platform allows us to visit more remote areas that
have never been previously surveyed ( or even dived
!). Please see our website for more details about the
project, the yacht and current crew.

We are currently working in the Tuamotu Archipelago,
French Polynesia until 3rd August, then in Papeete
(Tahiti) between 5-10th August where the new position
is available. Amadis could also be joined in Rarotonga
(Cook Islands ) around 17th August. From there we
shall be working in Southern Cook islands and then in
the NE area of Fiji until the beginning of November
when Amadis will sail to New Zealand. The position is
for minimum of 3 months, ending in Fiji or NZ.

QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED_:
PADI  Rescue Diver or equivalent diving
qualifications.
Experience of conducting coral reef surveys. Previous
use of the Reef Check survey technique and knowledge
of Indo-Pacific reef organisms is a bonus. Training is
available as necessary.
The ability to live and work closely with 4 others in
a confined space is essential.
Sailing experience is useful but not essential. You
will be expected to take watches and help out with
sailing. I am happy to teach.
A contribution of £ 60 per week required. You will
also need your own dive gear ( we already have tanks
onboard).
Send your details and any questions to
Amadis_38 at yahoo.co.uk Please keep initial responses
brief and be patient when waiting for reply as my
internet access is very limited at present.
Thanks,
                 Lily.

Lily Kozmian-Ledward   BSc (Hons)
Captain and project leader: The Amadis Project 2004/5

Please use lily at theamadisproject.co.uk if your email bounces back when using amadis_38 at yahoo.co.uk

www.theamadisproject.co.uk

SV 'Amadis' currently in Galapagos