[Coral-List] Coral reef ecosystem survey Florida keys & Dry Tortugas

GuStAvO a P. oikos52 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 13 19:44:07 EDT 2005

   Please submit the Following anouncement:

   Hello all:

   Here  is a great opportunity for anybody interested in coral reefs. We
   are conducting a Caribbean wide ecosystem survey. We have successfully
   surveyed the reefs in Belize, Cozumel, Jamaica and Cuba. Our next step
   is  to survey the FKNMS and we are inviting someone to join us to help
   quantify the benthic community. The dates of the survey are: July 25 -
   August  19th (2005). Requirement: AAUS certified (preferably), must be
   able  to  identify  a  wide range of benthic organisms including macro
   algae, sponges, coral, etc from the Caribbean region.
   We  offer  a great experience visiting US coral reefs and all expenses
   paid.  Please  contact  us  to gparedes at ucsd.edu for more information.
   Thank you!!!

   Gustavo    Paredes    (PhD    candidate,    Scripps    Institute    of
   Oceanography/UCSD)