[Coral-List] Dutch academics declare research free-for-all

jennie mallela j_mallela at yahoo.com
Tue May 31 06:25:32 EDT 2005

Dear coral listers, as pointed out by my University
librarian this is a fantastic free resource.

OPEN ACCESS NEWS
--Dutch academics declare research free-for-all
"Scientists from all major Dutch universities
officially launched a website on Tuesday
where all their research material can be accessed for
free. Interested parties can get
hold of a total of 47,000 digital documents from 16
institutions the Digital Academic
Repositories. No other nation in the world offers such
easy access to its complete
academic research output in digital form, the
researchers claim. Obviously, commercial
publishers are not amused."  You'll find DAREnet (in
English) at
http://www.darenet.nl/page/search.page/show  Interest
has been so high that the site is
having trouble coping with demand but extra capacity
is being added.  [Source: The
Register, 11 May 2005]

Happy reading!

Jennie