[Coral-List] Question: Does nutrient trends in Caribbean seawater exist?

Frank Muller-Karger carib at marine.usf.edu
Fri Nov 4 09:05:29 EST 2005

Gustavo:

There are many historical references for nutrient studies in the
Caribbean, but few time series.

While not spatially comprehensive, please look at the CARIACO Time Series:
http://www.imars.usf.edu/CAR/index.html

GuStAvO a P. wrote:

>   Question: Nutrient trends in Caribbean seawater?
>

>   I  have  been  looking  for data on the historical levels of nutrients
>   over  the  last 3 decades is Caribbean seawater, but appear to me that
>   none  has  published such data. Does anybody have an idea if such data
>   exists?  And who is working on that? I am looking for a time series of
>   Nitrogen  levels  or  indicators of pollution/run-off increase for the
>   Caribbean. Thank you for your help in advance
>
>   Gustavo Paredes
>
>   SIO/UCSD
>   ......../{{{{{}}}}}>>>...........

__________________ FMK __________________
Frank Muller-Karger
Institute for Marine Remote Sensing/IMaRS
College of Marine Science
University of South Florida
140 7th Ave. South
St Petersburg, FL 33701