[Coral-List] Request for historical WBD and Bleaching events reports

Luz Raquel Hernández-Cruz chamaquita at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 17 12:15:55 EST 2005

Dear Coral-listers,

I am currently working on a project documenting the demise of Acropora palmata in Vieques Island, Puerto Rico.  For this project I am preparing a historical dataset containing the date and magnitude of different stressors (1930's - 2005).  At the moment, to complete the dataset I am in need of dates and hopefully magnitude of both White Band Disease (most important) and bleaching events, in Vieques and the east coast of Puerto Rico.  Ideally the events should be reported with month and year of impact.

Any references, documents or personal experience that I could use to develop a robust dataset would be greatly appreciated.  After publication the results and dataset will be available to the public.

Sincerely,

Luz Raquel Hernández-Cruz
Research Assistant
National Coral Reef Institute