[Coral-List] ReRe: [CL] Palythoa bleaching

Martin Pêcheux martin.pecheux at free.fr
Tue Sep 13 21:50:27 EDT 2005

Dear James, all,

Interesting.
What is the reference of Burnett 02 ?
I knew the question of Palythoa in intertidal. Does the colonies in pools at 40°C bleach at same time of the others ???? For one side, they are bleaching at most, for the other they are in pools ? What is this story ? "Sentinels" as says Dustin Kemp ("sentinels" of the reefs "canaris in the coal mine" of Climate Change)
Always recovering ? I did read nothing on Palythoa recovering. Important! Confirmation by others ?

Thanks,

Dr. Martin Pêcheux
Institut des Foraminifères Symbiotiques
(Jussieu, Université Paris VI)
16, rue de la Fontaine de l'Espérance, 92160 Antony, France
martin.pecheux at free.fr
+33(0) 8711 804 32
Publications at  www.reefbase.org in which Review on Reef Bleaching, 214p.

The 22 at 22:23 UT: Equinoxe! Moon in Pleïades, Mars at 11° (c'est le Temps Universel. Pour la France, + 2 heures, à 05/09/23 00:23)

XX % REDUCTION OF HUMAN CO2 SOURCES IN YEAR 20XX

James Reimer a *crit :