[Coral-List] no-bleaching data

Jim Hendee Jim.Hendee at noaa.gov
Fri Sep 23 10:24:03 EDT 2005

Georgina,

    Great thought!  Instead of focusing quite so much on where and why
"the sky is falling" on our coral reefs, focus on where and why (under
apparently similar conditions) the sky is not falling, and protect those
areas so they can recruit still larger areas.  It will be interesting to
learn if it is the conditions, or the physiology, or both (most likely),
for areas of non-bleaching where high sea temperature/high
irradiance/whatever models predict bleaching.  It sounds like a great
line of research.

    Cheers,
    Jim