[Coral-List] Restriction enzymes for identifying zooxanthellae

Dorota Starzak dstarzak at ori.org.za
Tue Apr 4 03:45:15 EDT 2006

Hi

I am currently undertaking a study aimed at investigating the cladal
diversity of zooxanthellae in the WIO.  I am interested to find out what
restriction enzymes to use in order to differentiate the Symbiodinium clades
(A to F).  I have found from the literature that TaqI has often been used
either alone or in conjunction with other enzymes.  I am unsure as to what
enzymes differentiate which clades.  Could anyone give me some insight into
this matter?

Thanks

Dorothy Starzak