[Coral-List] Bleaching Potential in Fiji and American Samoa

Mark Eakin Mark.Eakin at noaa.gov
Tue Apr 4 10:11:32 EDT 2006

We have one report in of bleaching now going on in Fiji.  Just to
clarify, the greatest bleaching risk is in the region between Fiji
and Tonga.  Please keep these reports coming in.

The larger region of high thermal stress is accumulating to the
southeast of Samoa, east of Tonga and Niue, in a region of the
southern Cook Islands and French Polynesia with widely scattered reef
bearing islands.

These can be best seen with our new experimental Google Earth
formatted data
http://coralreefwatch.noaa.gov/satellite/ge

Cheers,
Mark