[Coral-List] Coral-List Guidelines
Jim.Hendee at noaa.gov
Tue Apr 11 06:46:36 EDT 2006
Stop me if you've heard this before, but following are the Coral-List
general guidelines, occasionally recirculated for your benefit (and the
* Please do NOT attach pictures, documents or tag-lines (they will be
stripped off anyway, and your message may not go through).
* To subscribe or unsubscribe an address, please visit
http://coral.aoml.noaa.gov/mailman/listinfo/coral-list and go to the
bottom of the page.
* Lobbying Prohibited - Internet services (such as e-mail list
subscription services) of Department of Commerce organizations shall not
be used for direct or indirect lobbying or posting of links to web pages
that engage in such activities. Direct lobbying is defined as
encouraging members of the public to contact Congress to support or
oppose any pending legislation. Indirect lobbying would be posting links
to any Web page that engages in lobbying or encourages such activity, or
that engages in lobbying or posting links directly to any page that does.
* Messages with solicitations of a commercial or political nature,
inflamatory commentary and other messages not appropriate for the
coral-list venue will not be approved for posting; these are messages
categorized as follows:
- the pursuit of private commercial business activities or profit-making
- matters directed toward the success or failure of a political party,
candidate for partisan political office, or partisan political group
- direct or indirect lobbying
- use of Internet sites that result in an additional charge to the
- engaging in prohibited discriminatory conduct
- the obtaining or viewing of sexually explicit material
- any activity that would bring discredit on the Department of Commerce
- any violation of statute or regulation.
Thanks for your cooperation.
More information about the Coral-List