[Coral-List] Louis Florit

Jim Hendee Jim.Hendee at noaa.gov
Tue Apr 11 11:12:19 EDT 2006

Greetings,

    It is with mixed emotions that I must announce that our long time
colleague and friend, Louis Florit, will be leaving NOAA and the Coral
Health and Monitoring Program (CHAMP)--which he helped to start back in
1992--as of May 3, 2006.  Louis was the original architect of
NOAA/AOML's very first Web Page, the very first coral reef-related Web
page (the CHAMP Page), and the programmer for setting up the original
Coral-List.   Louis will be the Director of Information Technology at
Education Connection in Boca Raton, Florida, and I know he will be a
good one.  I really hate to see him go, but I wish him well.

    By the way, Louis isn't walking away from coral reefs and
information technology.  He has assured me he has some great Outreach
surprises for us all in the coming year.

    Happy Trails, Louis!

    Cheers,
    Jim Hendee