[Coral-List] Bleaching Havens

Melissa Keyes mekvinga at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 13 16:47:04 EDT 2006

Dear Listers,

  Of ships sunk to direct currents into upwellings:

  My 2 cnts would wonder if one, or several, or even many ships would be big enough to divert an ocean current, or part thereof.  They are big if you're walking around aboard, but I wouldn't believe they could make much effect, even if placement wasn't so risky, not to mention costs.

  They're very nice for tourists, and a diversion from diving reefs all the time.  Perhaps there's a tunnel that's to be retired?

  Cheers,

  Melissa Keyes

  St Croix, US Virgin Islands