[Coral-List] Postings please

Fiona Webster F.Webster at murdoch.edu.au
Wed Feb 15 20:43:11 EST 2006

Hi
I am a PhD student study coral reef ecology at the Ningaloo Reef in Western Australia.  I am interested in bottom up verses top down effects on the growth of algae and how this may affect coral health.  I am going to be looking at the role of nutrients on algal growth and would like to set my nutrient concentrations at a similar level to other coral reefs which are considered to be nutrient enriched.   Can anyone advise what levels of inorganic nitrogen and phosphorous in the water column are considered enriched?  I am after references and/or unpublished data.
Thank you

Fiona Webster

Phd student

Marine Ecology