[Coral-List] Coral Reef condition discussion

Precht, Bill Bprecht at pbsj.com
Thu Feb 23 14:14:47 EST 2006

Dear Coral-List:

I have read with great interest the recent thread on Florida's reef
woes.  In Steven Miller's recent message, he reminds us of the "reefs at
risk" thread that discussed the very same issues on the Coral-List
during June and July of 1998.  It was in-part, as an outcome of that
discussion that Steven and I decided to write a book chapter on this
very subject entitled:

Precht, W.F. and Miller, S.L.(in press) Ecological shifts along the
Florida reef tract: the past as a key to the future: in Aronson, R.B.
(ed) Geological Approaches to Coral Reef Ecology. Springer Verlag, NY

If anyone is interested in a pre-print of this chapter please send me an
email and I'll send it along.

Cheers,

Bill Precht
Senior Scientist