[Coral-List] "Caribbean" Bleaching Verification needed - Moderate to Light to No

Alan E. Strong Alan.E.Strong at noaa.gov
Sat Feb 25 04:14:00 EST 2006

Information sought:

Over the next month Coral Reef Watch is hoping to finalize feedback from
the field for the 2005 Caribbean bleaching event for issuing a report.
At present this appears to be the most well documented bleaching event
ever conducted....for all of you who have provided information to date:
THANK YOU!

Nevertheless we are still missing those "negative" reports that are
needed to fill out the other end of the bleaching spectrum in areas
where minimal bleaching was observed.  From our HotSpot DHWs we expect
those regions might include (but not necessarily limited to):
...Bermuda
...Bonaire...Curacao...Aruba and possibly
...Belize.

Can any of you provide verification to Coral Reef Watch over the next
few weeks for these more fortunate areas??
Please send your info to: Mark Eakin and/or Jessica Morgan.

Thanks,
Al Strong
Coral Reef Watch