[Coral-List] Request to coral listers

Tom Williams ctwiliams at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 16 00:54:21 EST 2006

I don't know of any specifics but contact power
company or authorities, environmental departments,
Bahama, Virign Islands, Singapore, Associated States
(West Pcific Islands), HECO-Hawaii Electrical Company,
maybe some of the Florida plants.

Many years ago HECO had problems with sand etrainment
and mussel fouling.  I believe you would find mussels
and soft corals/sponges would attach first and
displace any of the hard corals.
Dr. Tom Williams

--- mari  muthu <marinemari at rediffmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Friends,
>   Happy New Year and Warm Regards to the Coral
> listers. I'm in need of references regarding to
> "Corals as biofouler in the artificial substratum."
> Kindly forward your valuable reprints or ref, if you
> find. Thanks a lot,
> Nithyanandam Marimuthu

> Research Fellow, Centre for Marine and Coastal
Studies