[Coral-List] CALL FOR NOMINATIONS OF COUNCILLORS AND OFFICERS OF THE ISRS

Peter J Mumby P.J.Mumby at exeter.ac.uk
Wed Jul 5 07:56:37 EDT 2006

A new ballot will be held in September 2006 to replace three retiring
officers of the ISRS and six members of Council. The retirees are Nicholas
Polunin (President), Richard Aronson (Vice President), Peter Mumby
(Corresponding Secretary), Katharina Fabricius (Council), Ove Hoegh-Guldberg
(Council), Tim McClanahan (Council), Michel Pichon (Council), Helmut
Schuhmacher (Council), and Makoto Tsuchiya (Council).

With ever-increasing awareness of the threats facing coral reefs, the
Society needs energetic individuals willing to shape its role as the sole
international society for reef science. The ISRS is now calling for
nominations to office and council. Each officer and councillor serves a four
year term, commencing on the 1st of January 2007. Nominations (including
self-nominations) should be sent to Peter Mumby by the 15th July 2006. Each
nomination should briefly describe the nominee's background and ways in
which they plan to serve the Society. Each nominee will be required to
accept the nomination and state whether they have a financial arrangement
with publishers of scientific literature.  All nominees and nominators must
be members of the ISRS. All correspondence, including   informal enquiries,
can be sent by e-mail to p.j.mumby at ex.ac.uk

On behalf of the Society, I'd like to express my thanks to all the retiring
officers and councillors and I look forward to welcoming new members to the
following posts:

President
Vice-President
Corresponding Secretary
Councillor
Councillor
Councillor
Councillor
Councillor
Councillor

DEADLINE FOR NOMINATIONS: 15TH JULY 2006.

Sincerely

Peter

Professor Peter J Mumby
Corresponding Secretary, ISRS