[Coral-List] New report: Ocean acidification and marine calcification

Joan Kleypas kleypas at ucar.edu
Sat Jul 8 12:16:42 EDT 2006

Colleagues:

A new report on ocean acidification and marine calcification (with
emphasis on coral reefs) is now available in pdf format at
http://www.isse.ucar.edu/florida/

The report distills input of some 50 scientists and is probably the most
comprehensive report yet on this topic, spelling out the latest in terms
of what we know but also what the most pressing questions are.  It is
heavily referenced and we will soon be providing the reference list for
downloading into reference software.  The report also serves as a "Guide
to Future Research," and lists multiple criteria that should be
considered when designing research projects.

We hope you find this useful as both a reference and a guide.

[I recommend downloading the condensed version, as it is MUCH smaller
and the reduction in figure quality is hardly noticeable.]

All the best,
J Kleypas

J. Kleypas
Inst. for Study of Society and Environment
PO Box 3000
Boulder, CO  80307-3000
PH: 303.497.8111
FX: 303.497.8125