[Coral-List] MRI forams/coral

TDWYATT at aol.com TDWYATT at aol.com
Wed Jul 12 22:47:20 EDT 2006

In a message dated 7/12/2006 8:57:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
murray.ford at auckland.ac.nz writes:

I recall  seeing online a crowd in perhaps Texas that works with high
resolution  MRI's in geological and biological science. I can't for the
life of me  remember where I found this. If anyone can jog my memory or
know of any  other work in this field that'd be great. I am working with
spatial and  temporal patterns of taphonomic alteration of material on a
fringing  reef.

Bill Conchlin does X-rays of shelled creatures, somewhere on the SC coast  of
the US as art items, (not MRI my any means, but it may be a lead).  Not  sure
if he still does this, and I do not have any contact info, maybe some of  our
benthic correspondants in that area can help out...

HTH,

Tom
_tdwyatt at aol.com_ (mailto:tdwyatt at aol.com)