[Coral-List] New Marine Photobank Website and Database Launched

Reuven Walder rwalder at seaweb.org
Fri Jun 23 12:06:55 EDT 2006

Greetings Coral List,
The Marine Photobank was recently overhauled to better provide for the
needs of researchers, educators, agencies, media and the public.  Our
galleries now house hundreds of images that highlight pressing ocean
issues.  Images and services are available for non-commercial,
conservation purposes at no cost.  Go to www.marinephotobank.org to
sign up.

Galleries topics include:
  - Reefs In Peril/Coral Bleaching
  - Fishing Methods
  - Marine Pollution and Trash
  - Marine Species of Concern
  - Marine Research and Education
  - Marine Souvenirs and Trade
  and more.

Once you are registered, we encourage you to sign up for the ‘My New
Photo Alerts’ service which allows you to receive a weekly posting when
images have been uploaded to galleries of your interest.

Please contribute your photos:
Join the dozens of researchers, professional photographers, amateur
photographers, NGO’s and others who have generously contributed images.

Consider uploading images of your research, conservation program,
educational efforts or other subjects as a way to enable others to
learn about your work as well as engage the decision makers and public
in ocean issues.

Uploading your images is quite easy – just complete the registration
form and we’ll set you up.

Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Take care,

Reuven Walder
The Marine Photobank
A project of SeaWeb (a registered NGO)