[Coral-List] Fwd: Coral Reef Conservation Webcast

Silvia Pinca milviapin at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 2 21:13:53 EST 2006

Dear listers
  I have been asked to forward this message about a webcast lecture.
  Thank you

  Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 10:16:58 -0600 (CST)
To: milviapin at yahoo.com
Subject: Coral Reef Conservation Webcast
From: brian.zavala at mail.utexas.edu

Dr. Silvia Pinca,

I write to let you know about an excellent public lecture on the state of the oceans that you can watch by webcast on the Internet, entitled "Brave New Ocean."

This webcast presentation given by Professor Jeremy Jackson, William E. and Mary B. Ritter Professor and Director of the Geosciences Research Division at Scripps Institution of Oceanography will be Friday, March 3, 2006 at 7pm CST. Dr. Jeremy Jackson, one of the most prominent marine ecologists in the world, will discuss the state of the world's oceans based on his research on coral reefs, marine fisheries, and coastal and marine ecosystems. More than just an academic researcher, Dr. Jackson applies his skills as a communicator with his scientific knowledge to inspire action.

View the FREE web broadcast of the lecture live Friday, March 3, 2006 at 7 pm Central Standard Time. During the live webcast, you can submit questions to Dr. Jackson and he will answer as many as he can for the live and webcast audiences. If it’s a good question, we will mail you a CD of the lecture.

If possible, can you distribute or post a link to this webcast on your website, newsletter, or listserv as well as pass this notice on to any colleagues of yours that may be interested.

The link to our Lecture Series website, where the details of the lecture and the webcast can be found, is: http://www.esi.utexas.edu/outreach/ols/lectures/Jackson/index.php

Please let me know if you will consider posting this information.

Thanks for your time,

Brian Zavala
Environmental Science Institute
The University of Texas at Austin