[Coral-List] re size of email

George Woodman george at hwoodman.demon.co.uk
Wed Mar 22 08:55:49 EST 2006

I have a quick practical suggestion to reduce the size of the Coral List
emails.  Usually more than half of each email contains quoted portions
of previous messages, even when the thread is obvious.  Often I have to
scroll a long way down from a message because of its quoted material
before I can find the next message.  Therefore I suggest that everyone
making a posting undertakes a little deletion work when 'replying' to
the list, thus saving a lot of download and scrolling activity of all of
the other members of the list.  This has to be a winner on utilitarian
grounds!  If the thread of the message to be posted needs highlighting,
it's simple enough to make a reference to the issue number and the
author of the original message that is the subject of the reply.

Cheers,
George