[Coral-List] Billy Causey, Ph.D.

Garrett-George Garrett-George at MonroeCounty-FL.Gov
Thu Mar 23 12:09:46 EST 2006

All:

I happened to be at the NOAA docks in Key West the day before yesterday
(March 21) to hear this great news from Billy first hand.  I know from
my conversation with him that he was dumbfounded and extremely humbled.

I have had the pleasure of knowing Billy for more than 20 years and
consider him my mentor on issues of marine conservation.

For those who know Billy and have had the pleasure of working with him
over the years, this is an honor that USF could not have better placed.
For those who don't know Billy, trust those of us who do - this is
fantastic and could not have been bestowed on a better or more deserving
individual.

George Garrett
Director of Marine Resources
Monroe County, Florida