[Coral-List] Remnancy vs resiliency Part 3: making a list

DeeVon Quirolo deevon at bellsouth.net
Thu Mar 23 16:25:22 EST 2006

Hi Phil---For my two cents, I'd add to the
regional the following:  clean up the
agricultural runoff  from the Everglades and
Florida Bay that reaches the downstream coral
reefs  of Florida.  And create a section for
"federal" with: adopt and implement an energy
policy that reduces fossil fuel emissions and its
role in coral bleaching and disease, possibly by
designating Elkhorn, Staghorn and Fused Staghorn
to the Endangered Species Act (thus triggering
federal review of actions that affect them).
Best, DeeVon Quirolo, Reef Relief

At 11:26 AM 3/22/2006, Phil Dustan wrote:
>Dear Listers,
>         Now that we have exhausted all the
> rhetoric and have cleared our minds
>and consciences, might it be possible to translate our feelings into
>actions that could be accomplished at the scales of Global, regional,
>and local?
>
>lease post your comments if you’d like to contribute and I will work
>towards collating them

Please try to keep things short (and perhaps